Kerala PSC or Kerala PSC Thulasi One Time Registration:
KPSC or Kerala Public Service Commision is the authority organised or formed by the Indian Constitution for the state of Kerala in order to recruit eligible candidates for the government jobs or civil services in the state of Kerala. This body of authority ranks the applicants based on the merits after a proper set of exams, tests and interviews. The government also provides certain reservations and exemptions to specially abled candidates and certain people from various communities.
The Public Service Commision was established in 1923. As of now the Kerala PSC or KPSC has a head office at the capital city of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram and also has a district office at every district in Kerala.
Before looking at how to register for the KPSC examination this year, there are some important things that you need to know before registration. Let’s look into it.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE REGISTERING FOR KERALA PSC
The Kerala PSC usually conducts two entry tests before main examinations. One preliminary examination for the candidates with the level of 10th std and 12th std or plus two and the other for the UG or PG students.
- Any person above the age of 18 years can register for the Kerala PSC one time registration online.
- The person applying for the Kerala PSC recruitments should be an Indian citizen.
- The person applying for a post in KPSC should be of the age limit provided in the Kerala PSC notification.
- You should provide an email address and mobile number while registering for the Kerala PSC recruitment. You should also check whether the communication address details are valid.
- You should not forget to save a copy and take a print of the application form, fee receipt and other necessary details.
- Please double check the complete details which you fill in the form to avoid other issues. Also recheck whether the information you entered matches your identity proofs.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ONLINE KERALA PSC REGISTRATION :
There are certain documents you should keep digitally with you before starting to fill the Kerala PSC Online Application Form. They are :
- E-MAIL ADDRESS : This is the first and the foremost thing required before commencing the Kerala PSC online application process. A valid address which you will be able to access should be used while registering. The important notifications and other announcements regarding the PSC registration will be sent to this email address.
- MOBILE NUMBER : Try to provide your personal mobile number at the time of registration procedure. The major One TIme Passwords and messages will be contacted to this number. So you should make sure that this number is accessible by you.
- A SCANNED PHOTOGRAPH : You should keep a digitally scanned photograph of yours with the recent date taken and your name written under the photograph. Please ensure that the photograph is below the size of 30 KB. You should also make sure that the photograph should be of the size of 150 pixels of width and 200 pixels of height (150 x 200 px).
- IDENTITY PROOF : You can use the details of your Aadhar card or PAN card or driving license as the identity while registering for Kerala PSC. You should also have a bank account in a nationalized bank to provide its details.
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE : You should also keep a digital copy of your signature written with black or blue ink on plain white paper scanned in good quality. The file size of the digital signature file should be below 30 KB and the width and height of the image should be 150 x 100 pixels.
- CERTIFICATES : The certificates which can help you to get reservations or additional benefits, category certificate and the certificates signifying your educational qualifications should be with you at the time of PSC registration. Fill up the details of these certificates at requirement.
HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR KERALA PSC ONLINE ?
Now let us look at how to register for Kerala PSC online from home.
- First of all browse to the link : www.keralapsc.gov.in This is the site where you can find the one-time registration link for Kerala PSC recruitment.
- From the homepage of the site you should click on the one- time registration login link which will be highlighted in the green colour this year.
- As you are attempting for PSC the first time, you should click on the new registration link at the right side of the page.
- After clicking on this link, you’ll be redirected to a form filling page. Fill the form by providing your appropriate personal details .
- Don’t forget to fill your personal details at the end and by reading and by checking the declaration, click on the register button.
- Please try to select a unique user id and select a good password including numbers and capital alphabets
- You have to do a captcha verification also at the end to verify that you are not a bot. As the captcha verification is case-sensitive , try to understand it carefully.
- After completing the user registration process you’ll get an SMS in the registered mobile number regarding the successful registration.
- Then you should once again visit the homepage and by clicking the same one-time registration link, you can sign in with the created user id and password. You’ll also have to do a captcha verification to proceed.
- After logging in, you should upload some of the personal details in the space provided, then after agreeing you’ll be redirected to the next window.
- In this window you should upload your communication details. You should provide your correct communication address as further communication about the job will in this address.
- Next you should upload your photograph and digital signature in the size specified in the site.
- At the end of this session, you can preview the details you provided and click proceed. The basic registration process will be over by this step.
HOW TO UPDATE FURTHER DETAILS IN THE APPLICATION FORM ?
You can also add further details to your profile. After registration when you login to your profile you can add your education and qualifications and certificates from 10th standard onwards.
You can also add your mother language and other languages which you have proficiency by clicking on the link in the dashboard user.
This homepage allows you to fill all the work experiences and mandatory requirements for getting a job. This site also provides you a space to fill your current employment status and preferred categories or posts.
After adding these details you should declare the details provided are true to your knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY FOR VARIOUS POSTS IN KERALA PSC ?
It is a quite easy job for you after logging in with your user id and password to apply for a role. One thing you have to note is that you can apply for a particular category only if there is a vacancy notified.
You can search for vacancy details in different categories by searching with the category code provided by the commision. You can also find the vacancies in the lists provided in the PSC bulletin.
you can find the category code in the notification as “595/13/SS VII Category No:-110/2010.
Here the category code is “110/2010”. LIkewise you can find the category for various posts such as assistant professor…etc from the vacancies offered in the notification.
Now you can apply for an eligible post in the homepage by clicking the apply button if you are eligible.
There will be no application fee for application before generating the admission card for preliminary exam or mains exam.
EXAMINATIONS IN KERALA PSC
After successful application you’ll be notified about the examinations. There are various exams conducted by the Kerala PSC every year for the selection process. Two of them are Preliminary level examination and mains conducted for freshers. More than that the Kerala PSC also conducts departmental examinations.
The preliminary exams will be conducted with an examination pattern of MCQs. The preliminary exams will have two papers in 100 marks each for 90 mins per paper. One paper will be of general studies (ENGLISH MEDIUM ) and the 2nd paper will be including the general studies and the language proficiency of your both languages. You’ll be getting 1 mark for each question you answer correctly. The Prelims will be a competitive examination as the number of students writing these examinations will be more.
The mains exam is a descriptive type of examination conducted for two hours per paper. You can write these examinations in English, Malayalam or Hindi. The mains exam consists of three papers. After the mains exams you will have to attend an interview too which is for 50 marks while the papers have 100 marks each. You should fill a form for mains exam before writing the examination.
The day of examination and examination center will be allotted to you after successful application and downloading of the admit card. Kerala PSC always conducts Competitive exams, you should be well prepared with general knowledge and language proficiency to perform well and grab your post.
The cutoff marks for the Kerala PSC and rank list will be determined by the authority after a few months of the examination. You can also avail the answer key for your checking. All dynamic candidates who score good marks with reference to the cut off marks for their category will be selected as the qualified candidates. The admission of candidates and further salary details will be decided by the Public Service Commision in the future. You should remember your password and user id for future references.
This is the admission process for the Kerala PSC.
- HOW TO RESET IN CASE YOU FORGOT USER ID/PASSWORD Kerala PSC?
You can reset your profile user id and password by clicking on the one time registration login link in the homepage and further clicking on the forgot password link. Then filling in your details such as user id, id proof number, date of birth and captcha verification, you will get a password for your profile in an SMS from the Kerala PSC. Then you can access the user dashboard.
- WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT FOR KERALA PSC ?
Any person above the age of 18 can register for the Kerala PSC one time registration. The age limit for every post in PSC will be declared in the notification in the PSC portal. You can apply for the post if you meet the standard criteria said in the notification.
- HOW DO I EDIT MY Kerala PSC PROFILE ?
You can edit your provided details during the Kerala PSC registration. You should sign in from the one time registration login link using your user id and password. There in your profile dashboard you will get an option to edit your profile details.