Complete List Khel Ratna, Arjuna, Dronacharya and Dhyan Chand Awardees 2017
Awards have always been the best way to encourage champions. National Sports Awards are one of the most awaited awards for the ‘Indian athletes’. National Sports Awards are given to candidates who have performed exceptionally well in their respective sports field.
These awards include Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Dronacharya Award, Arjuna Award, Dhyan Chand Award, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy and Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar.
National Sports Awards are given to any sportsperson who has contributed in any field of sport. Be it the player, coach or organizer of any sport.
Selection Committee for National Sports Awards
After a long discussion about the nominations, Selection Committees consisting of former Olympians, Arjuna Awardees, Dronacharya Awardees, Dhyan Chand Awardees, Sports Journalists/ Experts /Commentators and sports administrators decided the awardees for National Sports Winners 2017.
Selection Committee for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and Arjuna Awards was headed by Justice C.K. Thakkar (Former Judge Supreme Court of India, Chief Justice of High Court of Himachal and Bombay).
Selection Committee for Dronacharya Awards and Dhyan Chand Awards was headed by Shri Pullela Gopichand.
Selection Committee for Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar was headed by Rahul Bhatnagar, Secretary (Sports).
Below the article you can get the complete list of National Sports Winners 2017.
RAJIV GANDHI KHEL RATNA AWARD
1. Devendra Jhajaria (para-athlete)
2. Sardar Singh (hockey)
1. Jyothi Surekha Vennam (archery)
2. Khushbir Kaur (athletics)
3. Rajiv Arokia (athletics)
4. Prashanthi Singh (basketball)
5. Laishram Devendro Singh (boxing)
6. Cheteshwar Pujara (cricket)
7. Harmanpreet Kaur (cricket)
8. Oinam Bembem Devi (football)
9. SSP Chawrasia (golf)
10. SV Sunil (hockey)
11. Jasvir Singh (kabaddi)
12. Prakash Nanjappa (shooting)
13. Anthony Amalraj (table tennis)
14. Saketh Myneni (tennis)
15. Satyawart Kadian (wrestling)
16. Mariyappan (para-athlete)
17. Varun Singh Bhati (para-athlete)
1. Late Dr. R Gandhi (athletics)
2. Heera Nand Kataria (kabaddi)
3. GSSV Prasad (badminton)
4. Brij Bhushan Mohanty (boxing – Lifetime)
5. PA Raphel (hockey – Lifetime)
6. Sanjoy Chakraverthy (shooting – Lifetime)
7. Roshan Lal (wrestling – Lifetime)
DHYAN CHAND AWARD
1. Bhupender Singh (Athletics)
2. Syed Shahid Hakim (Football)
3. Sumarai Tete (Hockey)
Apart from a medal and a citation, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardee will receive a cash prize of Rs 7.5 lakh while Arjuna, Dronacharya and Dhyan Chand Awardees will received statuettes, certificates and cash prize of Rs 5 lakh each.