101 General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Who is the creator of ‘Phantom’ , ‘Mandrake the Magician’ comic strips?
2. Which state in India celebrate the ‘Raja Rani Musical Festival’?
3. ‘Mother India’ was a 1927 polemical book written by the American historian?
4. Name the author of the book ‘What happened to Netaji’?
5. Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) was launched first in?
6. Overproduction of which hormone leads to exophtalmic goitre?
7. ‘ASHA’ is the scheme for providing which services to people of India?
8. Who was the first scientist to become member of Indian parliament?
9. Which award is considered as Nobel prize of Computer Science?
10. What was the original name of Chattampi Swamikal?
11. Vaikkom Satyagraha was started in the year?
12. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize is given in the field of?
Science and Technology
13. Who is known as “Father of Renaissance of Western India”?
M G Ranade
14. Who is the author of the drama ‘Gopuranatayil’?
M.T Vasudevan Nair
15. The first Indian web browser is?
16. The editor of Rasikaranjini?
Kodungalloor Kunjikuttan Thamburan
17. Which is the unit to measure the sensitivity of computer mouse?
18. Durand Cup is associated with?
19. Only cricketer to score double century thrice in One day International cricket?
20. When was the POSCO act passed?
Note: POSCO – Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act
21. Freedom fighter who founded the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan?
22. First elected President of Indian National Congress?
Subhash Chandra Bose
23. What was the original name of Thycaud Ayya?
24. The author of the book ‘Treatment of Thiyyas in Travancore’?
25. ‘Nirvrithi Panchakam’ was written by?
Sree Narayana Guru
26.Boundary Line Separates India and China?
Mac Mohan Line
27.Longest Border of India With?
Bangladesh (4096 km)
28.The Strait that separates India and Srilanka?
29.The Word Himalaya means?
The Abode of Snow
30.Kullu Valley situated in which state?
31.Highest Mountain that entirely Located in India?
32.Highest Plateau of India?
33.New name of Cherrapunji?
34.Highest Motorable Pass in India?
Khardung La Pass
35.The Place known as Land of Passes
36.Largest Alluvial Plain in the world?
The North Indian Plain
37.The Largest mangrove forest in the world?
38.The oldest Mountain range in India?
39.Highest peak of Western ghat?
Anamudi (2695 m)
40.Largest lava Plateau in the World?
The Deccan Plateau
41.Meeting place of Western ghat and Eastern ghat?
42.Largest salt desert in India?
Rann of Kutch
43.Smallest Union territory in India?
44.The Southernmost point of Indian union?
45.The only active Volcano in India?
46.The only west flowing Himalayan River?
47.Land of 5 Rivers?
48.The Dam constructed across the Sutlej river?
49.Ganga was declared as National river on
4th November 2008
50.The place where Yamuna joins Ganga
51.The river known as Sorrow of India
52.The Indian river which occupies maximum volume of water
53.The least polluted himalayan river?
54.The fastest river in India?
55.The river known as Vridha Ganga?
56.The highest Waterfall in India
57.The city known as ‘land of Waterfalls’
58.The National Park famous for lions?
Gir National Park
59.The main centre of Bengal tigers in India
Manas National Park
60.Largest wildlife sanctuary in india?
Great Indian Bustard
61.Largest National Park in India?
Hemis National Park
62.Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History is in
63.Highest Dam in India?
64.Who gave the slogan Give me blood and I promise you freedom?
Subhash Chandra Bose
65.The historian who called 1857 revolt as the ‘First war of Indian Independence’
66.First Martyr of 1857 revolt
67.Father of Indian Renaissance
Raja Ram Mohan Roy
68.The Grandfather of Indian Nationalism
69.Ramakrishna Mission was founded by
70.Grand old woman of Indian Nationalism
71.Gandhiji’s first satyagraha in India?
72.First secretary of INC?
73.First Governor General of Independent India?
74.The first act passed by British Parliament for India?
Regulating Act 1773
75.The Constitution of India came into being on
26th January 1950
76.Which one of the following offence is scrapped from I.T. Act 2000?
Punishment for sending offensive messages through electronic means
77.First mobile phone virus: ?
78.’Public key certificate’ means:
Digital Signature Certificate
79.Cookies are created when:
User’s browser load a particular website
80.The original form of ‘blog’ is web log which was coined by: ?
81.Domain Name suffix ‘.edu’ is uses for: ?
82.Once information is input into a computer, it becomes: ?
83.Which of the following is used to direct towards a particular page?
B- Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
84.Which organisation was the instrumental in the passage of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in 2005?
Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan
85.The expenditure of RLEGP programme is financed by: ?
Central Government only
86.Which of the following is a non government organisation?
87.Sampoorna Grameen Rozar Yojana was dedicated to the nation by the prime minister: ?
Shri. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
88.Panchayat Day is observed on the birthday of: ?
Balwant Rai Mehta
89.Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana was launched for the benefit of: ?
Urban slum dwellers
90.PMAGY was launched by the Central Government in?
23rd July 2010
91.”What young India wants” is the book written by: ?
92.The winner of Odakkuzhal Award 2015: ?
93.The year declared by UN as the International Year of Pulses: ?
94.The Bhakra Nangal Dam is constructed over the river. ?
95.The animal welfare board of India was established in: ?
96.The economy of Uttarakhand is described as: ?
Money order economy
97.What is the name of Luxurious train that service through the tourist centres of Karnataka?
98.The Karakkal district of Puducherry lies in which region ?
99.The Telugu Desam Party is the regional party of AP. It was founded by?
100.The first Chairman of UPSC: ?
Sir Ross Barker
101.The time gap between the question hour and agenda?